Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Particpating in Lent

I've decided to participate in Lent this year. Growing up in a Baptist Church it wasn't really talked about, but as I have gotten older I'v found myself thinking that only celebrating holidays such as Christmas and Easter on one day each doesn't portray the significance of these events in my life. I believe that God sent his son to be born as a baby, live life on earth and then be crucified for my sins on a cross. This is the core of who I am and how could I not spent more than 2 days a year thanking God for this. Today is the start of Lent, Ash Wednesday. I didn't even really know the history on Lent, I knew that people gave up things for it and only ate fish on Fridays so I did a little research
.
Here's a link to an article on Christianity Today:The Beginning of Lent Christian History

Lent is meant to be a time of self reflection, a time to acknowledge that we are sinners and need repentance. I am going to be participating in an unhurried pilgrimage through Lent. This is a study through done by reFresh ministries. I've been a fan of them on facebook for awhile now and decided today to go for it. You can find the link on my facebook page if you want to participate.

I'm looking forward to this unhurried path of preparation for the Easter season and can't wait to see what God has to show me on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment