Friday, July 6, 2012

How does your garden grow?

 If it's like mine it's growing out of control.  This is the first year I've been really serious about my veggie garden.  I bought the raised beds a year ago at Costco, but never got anything done about them.  Thanks to my cousin Scott, I got a tilled space and they were filled up with dirt.  Then it was "What do I plant?"  I thought I'd start small this year and see were it went.  Well, that was before I got to Lowes.  I came home with tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli, cauliflower,cucumbers, walla walla onions and eggplant.  Then there were the seeds: beets, carrots, lettuce, radishes and fennel.  Here's what the first planting looked like.

Things I've learned this month:

Radishes need thinned out a lot otherwise they just grow leaves(which I've been enjoying on my sandwiches) and the size that the package says they should be planted apart should probably be followed.

Here is what it looks like after 1 month:



Contemplating another bed.  I have the space and the dirt to fill it.  We shall see.


No comments:

Post a Comment