Sunday, February 12, 2012

February goals

So in my year of setting goals for myself every month I've learned a bit about setting goals. First and foremost, goals are only acheiveable if you have a plan starting out. I set 5 goals for last month. 1 was easy for me, that was to pay cash for everything. I had already started working on my dishes daily so that also was easy. With my Mom's help I've almost finished a complete transformation of my master bedroom. The last 2, tackling the paper as it comes in the house and putting clothes away daily, were very hard for me. I found that because I didn't have an organized system for doing either one that it was hard to even start them. Once I got laundry baskets in my bathroom and bedroom I have been able to easily put things away. Still haven't got my office organized so the paper thing is still going to be a work in progress. Overall I feel like I'm making progress and learning that the clutter in your house/life really has an impact on how I feel. Before I redid my bedroom I would spend very little time in there. Since I have done it I feel very relaxed in there and have spent more time in there and also sleeping much better!
So here are February's goals:
1. Get an organized system for paper in my house: this will mean having my office organized so that when things need filed or shredded there is a place to do that easily every time.
2. Put shoes away: I prefer to be barefoot inside. So my shoes end up dropped wherever I kick them off when I come in. This month they go back in the closet!
3. Dust and Vacumn the Master Bedroom weekly: It's nice and new so it needs to be kept looking that way(and the glass topped sidetables are dust magnets).
I'm looking forward to seeing(and feeling) what happens as I continue to decrease the clutter in my life. Realizing that I can't have room for what God may have in store for me if every nook and crany of my life is stuffed with things that don't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment